NEW YORK STYLE SAUSAGE
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound mild or hot Italian New York Style Sausage*
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
6 cups torn or coarsely chopped fresh spinach
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 14 1/2-ounce can stewed tomatoes, coarsely chopped
16 ounces rigatoni pasta
Parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
Remove casings from sausage and cook, stirring, until crumbled and lightly
browned. Drain and set aside in a bowl.
2. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste to
the pan and cook until garlic just starts to brown.
3. Stir in spinach and basil, and cook until spinach wilts slightly. Add tomatoes
and simmer until spinach is cooked.
4. Add cooked sausage and stir to combine.
5. Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions. Drain. Add to
the sauce and stir to combine well.
6. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Cooking in Style The Costco Way