Vegetable Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
LITTLE FARM FROZEN FOODS
2 cups Kirkland Signature by NutriVerde Normandy Blend frozen
vegetable mix, thawed
12 cooked prawns
1/4 cup sliced red onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 head romaine lettuce, leaves separated
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
5 tablespoons olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a bowl, combine vegetable mix, prawns, red onion and cilantro.
2. Arrange lettuce leaves on 4 plates. Spoon the vegetable mixture onto the
3. Place lemon and orange juice, red pepper flakes and olive oil in a bowl and
whisk to combine.
4. Pour vinaigrette over the vegetable and prawn mixture. Season to taste
with salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.
DNE WORLD FRUIT
12 lettuce leaves
6 cups torn mixed salad greens
3 Florida grapefruit, peeled
2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
2 6-ounce cans crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
1 small green bell pepper, sliced into rings
1/4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 hard-boiled egg white, chopped
1 tablespoon ketchup
Few drops of hot pepper sauce
1. Line 4 individual plates with 3 lettuce leaves. Top with salad greens.
2. Section grapefruits over a bowl to catch juice; set juice aside. Remove
seeds from sections.
3. Arrange grapefruit sections, tomatoes, crabmeat and pepper rings on
top of greens.
4. For the dressing, in a bowl combine 2 tablespoons of reserved grapefruit
juice, mayonnaise, yogurt, hard-boiled egg white, ketchup and hot pepper
sauce. If the dressing is too thick, stir in additional grapefruit juice, 1 teaspoon
at a time, until it has the desired consistency.
5. Top each salad with some of the dressing. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe from Florida Department of Citrus.