8 cups water
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
8 ounces whipping cream
1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
1 cup Kirkland Signature ground coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pour water into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium
heat. Stir in brown sugar, cloves and cinnamon stick, broken in half.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. While the mixture simmers, whip cream until it forms soft peaks. Hold
in the refrigerator.
3. Remove brown sugar/spice mixture from the heat. Add chocolate and
stir until melted.
4. Add ground coffee, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
5. Strain mixture through cheesecloth or a coffee filter.
6. Serve immediately in coffee mugs, garnished with whipping cream.
Makes 8 servings.
4 cups Kirkland Signature Cranberry Cocktail, chilled
1 cup orange juice, chilled
1/4 teaspoon orange extract
12 ounces lemon-lime soda, chilled
1 pint raspberry sherbet, slightly softened
1. Mix cranberry cocktail, orange juice and orange extract.
2. Just before serving, add the soda.
3. Pour mixture into individual serving glasses and top with a tablespoon
of sherbet. Makes 12 servings.