Italian Sausage with Roasted
Tomatoes and Polenta
2 pounds Premio sweet Italian sausages
2 tablespoons olive oil
18 ripe plum (Roma) tomatoes, split lengthwise
12 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup chicken broth
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 18-ounce tube precooked polenta
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Split sausages in half lengthwise, place in a lightly oiled roasting pan
or casserole, and roast for 15-20 minutes. Remove sausages from the pan
3. Raise oven temperature to 400°F.
4. Add tomatoes to the pan and roast until they start to soften, 10-15 minutes.
Stir in garlic.
5. Remove pan from the oven and place on a stovetop burner over medium
heat. Add broth and vinegar. Simmer, scraping the bottom, until it starts to
thicken. Add oregano, sausages and juices from the sausages.
6. Meanwhile, cut polenta into 1/2-inch slices and heat according to package
directions. Arrange polenta on an ovenproof platter. Sprinkle with half of
7. Check seasoning of sausage mixture and then spoon over polenta. Top
with remaining cheese and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
Makes 12-16 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Cooking in Style The Costco Way