Garlic and Herb Roasted
Potatoes with Raita
SKAGIT VALLEY’S BEST PRODUCE/
VALLEY PRIDE/WALLACE FARMS
4 - 4 1/2 pounds unpeeled 2 tablespoons olive oil
Washington Red Potatoes 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt RAITA
1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded,
2 tablespoons finely minced and coarsely grated
fresh garlic 1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh GARNISH
thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried Crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 475°F.
2. Wash potatoes, then cut into long wedges. Mix salt, pepper, garlic and herbs.
3. In a large bowl, whisk oil and mustard. Add potatoes and toss to coat.
Sprinkle in herb mixture, then toss again, coating potatoes evenly.
4. Place potatoes skin side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 25
minutes, or until tender.
5. Meanwhile, prepare raita: Squeeze cucumber to remove as much liquid
as possible. Mix cucumber with remaining ingredients.
6. Arrange potatoes on a serving platter, dollop with raita, then sprinkle
with feta and parsley. Makes 8 servings.
Recipe developed by Kathy Casey Food Studios for the Washington Potato Commission.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Roman-Roasted Potatoes with
Peppers and Onions
ANTHONY FARMS/ALSUM PRODUCE/
RUSSET POTATO EXCHANGE
Vegetable oil cooking spray
3 jumbo unpeeled Wisconsin Russet Potatoes, cut in 1/4-inch slices
2 small red bell peppers, seeded and cut in 1/2-inch strips
2 small green bell peppers, seeded and cut in 1/2-inch strips
2 medium onions, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch wedges
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat
with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, toss potatoes, peppers and onions with olive oil to coat.
Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes.
4. Remove vegetables from the oven and sprinkle with vinegar and garlic.
Toss thoroughly and arrange again in a single layer.
5. Continue to roast for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and lightly
browned. Season to taste with salt. Makes 8 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.