Mushroom and Sausage Bread Pudding
KIRKLAND SIGNATURE/AIDELLS SAUSAGE
4 tablespoons unsalted 1/2 cup minced yellow onion
butter, divided 1 garlic clove, minced
2 large eggs 1 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
3/4 cup heavy cream and sliced thin
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided 4 Aidells Chicken Apple Smoked
3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided Sausage Links, chopped
1 pound Kirkland Signature/ 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
Panné Provincio French or 2 teaspoons dried
baguette, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9-by-11-inch baking dish with 2
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs into cream. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon
pepper. Add bread cubes and stir to mix well.
3. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onions
and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic, mushrooms and sausage; sauté until
mushrooms are tender. Stir in thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
4. Add contents of skillet to bread mixture and toss until mushrooms are
5. Spread mixture in the baking dish and set in a roasting pan. Add enough
hot water to the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
6. Bake for 35 minutes, or until set. Remove baking dish from the roasting
pan and let cool slightly. Serve directly from the dish. Makes 6-8 servings.
Variation: Place salad greens tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar on a
plate and top with warm bread pudding.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Cooking in Style The Costco Way