Ginger Grilled Chicken with
Tropical Fruit Chutney
CHESTNUT HILL FARMS/
2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled 1 cup diced cantaloupe
4 large garlic cloves 1 medium pineapple, peeled
1 teaspoon white peppercorns and diced
1/2 bunch cilantro 3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1/2 cup sweetened
1 3-pound chicken, quartered grated coconut
1 large ripe mango, peeled 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
and diced 1 tablespoon minced
1. In a food processor, puree ginger, garlic, peppercorns, cilantro,
soy sauce and oil.
2. Place puree in a bowl, add chicken and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator
for 1 hour.
3. Ina saucepan, combine mango,cantaloupe, pineapple,sugar,cumin,
coconut, peanuts, jalapeño and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer over
medium heat and cook until thickened, about 20 minutes.
4. Preheat grill to hot.
5. Grill chicken for 30 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with tropical
fruit chutney. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Allen Susser.
Chicken with Port-Cherry Sauce
3/4 cup halved and pitted fresh
sweet Western Sweet cherries
2 cups chicken stock or canned
low-salt chicken broth
2/3 cup Ruby Port
1 small onion
2 bay leaves
2 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves only
4 6-ounce boneless, skinless
chicken breast halves,
pounded to 1/2-inch
thickness between sheets
of waxed paper
1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved
in 2 teaspoons water
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter,
cut in 1/2-inch pieces,
Salt and pepper
1. Place cherries, chicken stock, Port, onion, bay leaves and thyme in a
heavy medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat and
simmer until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes. Discard
onion and bay leaves.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add chicken
breasts and cook for about 6 minutes. Turn chicken over and continue
cooking for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the pan
and keep warm.
3. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce. Bring to a simmer, whisking
constantly. Add butter 1 piece at a time, whisking until melted before
adding the next piece. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. To serve, slice chicken breasts diagonally and fan out on plates. Spoon
sauce over the chicken. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Cooking in Style The Costco Way