Butter-flavored cooking spray
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup molasses
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups Splenda No Calorie
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 10-cup bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. Pour applesauce, molasses and vegetable oil into a large mixing bowl.
Add eggs and stir well.
3. Blend remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Add to the applesauce
mixture and stir until well blended.
4. Pour cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until
a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack. Invert cake onto a serving plate.
Makes 18 servings.
Serving suggestion: Top with raspberries or other fresh fruit.
Best Ever Banana Angel Cake
1 1/2 cups flour TOPPING
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 stick butter
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 cup brown sugar
7 large eggs, separated 1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 ripe Bonita bananas 2 ripe Bonita bananas, peeled
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar and sliced
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl.
3. Beat egg whites in another bowl. Add cream of tartar and continue
beating until fluffy.
4. Mash 2 bananas in a large bowl. Add egg yolks, sugar and oil, and beat
5. Stir in sifted flour. Fold in egg whites.
6. Pour into a greased angel food cake pan and bake for 55 minutes.
Let cool in pan.
7. To prepare the topping, place butter and brown sugar in a saucepan
and melt over medium heat. Stir in milk and confectioners’sugar.
8. Decorate cake with sliced bananas and caramel sauce. Makes 8 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.