Holiday Mini Cakes
1 10 3/4-ounce package frozen pound cake, thawed
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk
Flavored extract, to taste
5 ounces Jelly Belly jelly beans
1. Trim dark crust from top and sides of cake. Cut cake in half horizontally.
2. Using a 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter (egg or bunny for Easter; tree or wreath for
Christmas; hearts for Valentine’s Day; flowers for Mother’s Day), cut 3 mini
cakes from each half of the pound cake.
3. Place mini cakes on a wire rack over a large bowl; set aside.
4. In another bowl, stir confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Tint with
food coloring and flavor with extract if desired.
5. Spoon icing over mini cakes, allowing excess to drip into bowl.
6. When icing bowl is empty, place rack of mini cakes over empty icing bowl.
7. Decorate mini cakes with jelly beans. Refrigerate until icing is set, about
8. Wrap in plastic wrap until ready to serve. Makes 6 servings.
Cooking in Style The Costco Way