1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks, well drained, or 2 cups fresh
1 banana, peeled and sliced
1 11-ounce can mandarin orange segments, well drained
3/4 cup Dannon* Light ’n Fit strawberry nonfat yogurt
1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
1. Mix all ingredients except coconut in a bowl.
2. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
3. Stir in coconut just before serving. Makes 6-8 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Oil or cooking spray
8 firm Sun West California peaches
48 whole cloves
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Heavy-duty aluminum foil
Mint sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Lightly spray grill with oil or cooking spray.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Carve an X on the bottom of each
peach. Immerse peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove and
immediately plunge into ice water. When cool, gently pull off the skin
with a paring knife.
3. Stick 6 cloves into each peach.
4. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll peaches in
5. Place each peach, stem side down, on a square of aluminum foil.
Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over peaches and tightly close foil
around each peach.
6. Place packets on gas grill over low heat or charcoal grill 5-6 inches
from coals. Cook for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
7. Carefully open each packet in a serving bowl to capture all the juice.
Discard the cloves. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve hot or cold with ice
cream for dessert or as a side dish. Makes 8 servings.
Tip: Grilled peaches freeze well or can be refrigerated for a week.