Granola Strawberry Parfait
NATURE’S PATH ORGANIC FOODS
1 1/2 cups low-fat ricotta
1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
4-5 tablespoons strawberry jam (depending on desired sweetness)
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1-1 1/4 pounds strawberries, trimmed
1 1/2 cups Nature’s Path Flax Plus Granola Organic
Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
1. Puree ricotta, yogurt and jam in a food processor. Stir in grated
2. Cut strawberries into thick slices.
3. Spoon 2 tablespoons granola into each of 6 tall parfait glasses. Top
with 2 tablespoons of ricotta mixture and a thick layer of strawberry
slices. Repeat with a second layer of granola, ricotta and strawberries.
4. Garnish with mint leaves.
5. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 6 hours. Makes 6 servings.
Tip: If you don’t have parfait glasses, use wine goblets or drinking glasses.
Blueberry Trifle with Granola
TOWNSEND FARMS/CURRY & COMPANY/
4 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups Kirkland Signature Granola Snack Mix
LEMON PASTRY CREAM
5 large egg yolks
1/2 cup cornstarch
4 cups heavy cream, divided
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. To prepare pastry cream, combine egg yolks, cornstarch and 1 cup
cream in a bowl. Whisk to blend well. Set aside.
2. Combine 2 cups cream, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan over medium
heat. Whisk to dissolve sugar and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk into egg
yolk mixture. Pour into a double boiler over simmering water and cook,
whisking constantly, for 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in
vanilla. Pour into a mixing bowl and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
3. When pastry cream is cool, stir in 1 cup cream and beat with an electric
mixer fitted with a wire whip until light and fluffy.
4. To assemble, place 1/2 cup blueberries in a large wine glass. Pour 1/2
cup lemon cream on top. Add 1/2 cup granola, then 1/2 cup lemon cream.
Top with 1/2 cup blueberries. Serve chilled. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe created by Jean-Yves Mocquet, Costco Foods Assistant General Merchandising Manager.