Grape and Orange Breakfast Crepes
3 teaspoons butter, divided
1/3 cup whole milk
3 tablespoons flour
1 large egg
2 teaspoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice (frozen)
1/2 cup Delano Farms seedless grapes, sliced in half
1 seedless orange, peeled and sectioned
1/4 cup vanilla-flavored yogurt
Kirkland Signature Granola Snack Mix
1. To prepare the crepes, melt 2 teaspoons butter; let cool. In a bowl,
whisk together milk, flour, egg, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter.
Refrigerate batter for about 20-30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the topping. Melt butter in a heavy skillet over
medium heat. Add sugar and orange juice; cook, stirring, until sugar
melts. Add grapes and orange sections; heat just until warmed through.
Remove from the heat and cover.
3. To cook the crepes, brush a 10-inch nonstick skillet with a little of the
remaining butter. Heat pan over medium-high heat to very warm but not
smoking. Lift pan off the heat and pour in 1/4 cup batter, tilting all the
while to distribute batter evenly. Return skillet to the heat and cook just
until the crepe is set and the edges are golden. Turn heat to medium,
carefully flip the crepe and cook until the underside is done, about 15-20
seconds more. Transfer crepe to a plate and repeat process with remaining
batter (makes 2-3 crepes).
4. To serve, fold each crepe into quarters. Pour the fruit mixture over the
crepes. Top with yogurt and granola clusters. Makes 1 serving.
Recipe created by Linda Carey, culinary specialist.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
EINSTEIN BROTHERS BAGELS/
3 Kirkland Signature plain bagels
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups 2% or whole milk
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecan halves (optional)
1. Cut bagels into 1/2- to 1-inch cubes. Spread out on a cookie sheet and
let dry overnight.
2. Place eggs, milk, half-and-half, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and pecans in a
large bowl and blend thoroughly. Add bagel cubes and mix gently by hand.
3. Liberally butter the bottom and sides of an 8-inch round cake pan.
4. Pour the contents of the bowl into the pan and spread evenly. Cover
with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Remove plastic wrap and bake pudding for 20-25 minutes, or until
golden brown and firm to the touch. Makes 6 servings.
Tips: To serve 12, double the amount of all ingredients, place in a 13-by-
9-inch pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes. Garnish with berries if desired.