Fresh Spinach, Orzo
and Chicken Soup
PACIFIC NATURAL FOODS
4 boneless, skinless chicken 1 32-ounce container
breast halves, cut in Pacific Natural Foods*
1-inch cubes Organic Free Range
Sea salt and pepper Chicken Broth
2 tablespoons olive oil 2/3 cup orzo
1 large yellow onion, diced 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced 2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 teaspoon ground coriander 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Pinch of ground cinnamon 6 lemon wedges
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and sear until lightly browned; remove to a plate.
3. Reduce heat to medium, add onion and garlic, and sauté until onion
softens, about 5 minutes. Add spices and stir for 1 minute.
4. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add orzo and cook until tender,
5. Add chicken, bring soup back to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
6. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Season to taste with salt
7. Divide spinach among 6 bowls and ladle hot soup over spinach. Garnish
with Parmesan and lemon wedges. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Cooking in Style The Costco Way