Breakfast Monte Cristo Sandwich
HILLANDALE FARMS/NORCO RANCH/
NUCAL FOODS/WILCOX FARMS
2 tablespoons water
8 slices thick egg bread or Texas toast
4 slices Cheddar cheese
4 slices Swiss cheese
8 slices Canadian bacon
8 slices cooked bacon
6 eggs, scrambled
1. Mix 2 eggs and water in a shallow dish.
2. Coat an electric skillet or frying pan with cooking spray. Preheat electric
skillet to 350°F or heat frying pan over medium heat.
3. For each sandwich, dip 2 bread slices in egg wash and place in the skillet.
4. Place 1 slice of Cheddar on 1 bread slice and 1 slice of Swiss on the other
5. Briefly warm 2 slices of both Canadian bacon and cooked bacon on a grill
or in a pan, then place on top of Cheddar cheese.
6. Place 1/4 of the scrambled eggs on the bacon. Top with second slice of
bread, cheese side down.
7. Repeat for remaining 3 sandwiches.
8. Continue to grill until golden brown, turning occasionally, until cheese
melts. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe created by Willy Ray, Costco Foods Buyer.
6-Layer Breakfast Casserole
6 large eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound Jimmy Dean Roll Sausage, cooked,
crumbled and drained
1/4 cup jalapeño pepper cut in 1/4-inch dice
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3 thick slices of bread
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a bowl and beat until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, combine cooked sausage, jalapeño, cheese, garlic
4. To assemble, place 1/3 of the egg mixture in the bottom of a buttered
2-quart baking dish. Place 1 slice of bread on top. Spread 1/3 of the sausage
mixture over the bread. Repeat layering, ending with sausage on top.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until eggs are set. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.