Fillet of Sole with Grapes and Walnuts
1/2 cup veal or chicken broth
8 fillets of sole
4 sea scallops, halved
8 shrimp, halved
Salt and pepper
20 Divine Flavor red or green seedless grapes, halved
16 walnut halves
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat veal broth in a small saucepan and keep warm.
2. Season the seafood with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté sole
for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
4. Add scallops and shrimp to the pan and sauté for 30 seconds.
5. Add grapes and walnuts and sauté briefly.
6. Arrange the sole on a serving dish. Cover with the sautéed mixture.
7. Stir lemon juice into the hot veal broth and warm briefly. Pour around
the fillets of sole.
8. Garnish with parsley. Makes 8 servings.
Seared Tuna Steaks with Wasabi Sauce
WESTERN UNITED FISH COMPANY
4 fresh Western United Fish 1 large sweet onion, sliced
Company ahi tuna steaks 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
( 8 ounces, 1 1/2 inches thick) 2 garlic cloves, minced
Kosher salt 1 cup heavy cream
Freshly cracked black pepper 2 teaspoons wasabi powder**
4 teaspoons sesame seeds 2 teaspoons chopped
4 teaspoons peanut oil, divided fresh cilantro
4 teaspoons lime juice
1. Season tuna with salt and pepper; coat with sesame seeds.
2. Heat 3 teaspoons peanut oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high
to high heat. Sear tuna for 2 minutes on each side.
3. Remove tuna from the pan. Deglaze pan with lime juice and pour
4. In another sauté pan, heat remaining oil over medium to medium-high
heat. Add onions, bell pepper and garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Season to
taste with salt and pepper.
5. In a small saucepan, combine cream and wasabi. Bring to a boil, lower
heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until it thickens.
6. To serve, cut tuna into 1/4-inch slices. Drizzle with sauce and garnish
with cilantro. Serve with sautéed onions and peppers. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
** For a bolder taste, add more wasabi powder.