Red Grape Stacks with
Seared Sea Scallops
FOUR STAR FRUIT
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 pounds ( 12) sea scallops, cut in half horizontally
Salt and pepper
36 small fresh spinach leaves
12 pieces Kirkland Signature Parmesan Cracker Bread
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sliced shallots
1/2 tablespoon beef base
4 cups Four Star Fruit red seedless grapes
Freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and then sea scallops.
Sear on both sides until golden brown. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Remove from the heat and cover.
2. To prepare grape sauce, in the same pan combine butter, shallots, beef
base and grapes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add balsamic vinegar to the grapes and stir to deglaze the pan. Stir in
lemon juice, cream and oregano. Reduce heat to low and cook for about
10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
4. To assemble each serving, place 3 spinach leaves in the center of a
plate. Place 1 piece of cracker bread on top. Place 3 scallops on top and
2 spoonfuls of sauce. Repeat with 2 more layers.
5. Pour sauce over and around each stack. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe created by Jean-Yves Mocquet, Costco Foods Assistant General Merchandising Manager.
5 Outspan clementines**
1 pound bay scallops
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 19-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 English hothouse cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and
flesh scooped out with a melon baller
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel and segment 3 of the clementines. Finely grate the peel of the
remaining 2 clementines and then juice them.
2. In a large nonmetallic bowl, stir together grated clementine peel,
scallops, olive oil and allspice. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. In a skillet set over high heat, cook the scallop mixture for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in clementine juice, chickpeas, cucumber balls and garlic; reduce
heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in clementine segments and cook until just heated through.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
** Outspan oranges can be substituted.