“Dark Angels on Horseback”
(Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Scallops)
AMERICAN PRIDE SEAFOODS
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
8-10 bacon slices
1 pound American Pride U/15 frozen sea scallops, thawed
Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine vinegar, maple syrup and rosemary in a small saucepan. Bring to
a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the glaze is thickened and syrupy, about
10 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and set aside.
3. Cut bacon slices in half. Wrap a half-slice around the circumference of
4. Arrange scallops in a baking pan and bake for 8 minutes.
5. Remove scallops from the oven. Drizzle about 1/2 teaspoon of glaze over
each scallop, return to the oven and bake for approximately 7-8 minutes.
6. Arrange scallops on a serving plate.
7. Drizzle additional glaze over scallops for decoration, and accent with
sprigs of fresh rosemary, if desired. Makes 5-6 servings.