Portuguese-Style Haddock Stew with
Littleneck Clams and Mussels
NORTH COAST SEAFOODS
4 tablespoons vegetable oil 24 North Coast Seafoods*
1 large Spanish onion, diced littleneck clams
4 garlic cloves, chopped 4 6-ounce North Coast Seafoods*
1 pound chouriço sausage, diced haddock fillets
2 teaspoons ground turmeric 1 pound North Coast Seafoods*
1 pinch saffron P.E.I. mussels
2 tomatoes, diced 1 small head of kale, stems removed, chopped
8 cups chicken broth Kosher salt
3 Red Bliss potatoes, cut in quarters Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic;
cook until onion is soft.
2. Add sausage, turmeric and saffron; cook for 3-5 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth and potatoes; cover and simmer until
potatoes are tender.
4. Add clams and then gently place haddock in the pot. Cover and cook for
about 5 minutes.
5. Add mussels, cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until mussels have opened.
6. Carefully remove haddock and shellfish from the pot and divide among
4 serving bowls.
7. Turn up the heat to high and add kale. Cook until the kale is soft, about 3
minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into the 4 bowls of seafood.
8. Serve with crusty bread and butter. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Cooking in Style The Costco Way