Beef Enchiladas and Rice
with Black Bean Sauce
KIRKLAND SIGNATURE/EL MONTEREY
1 1/2 cups prepared enchilada sauce
1 cup water
8 Kirkland Signature El Monterey Beef Taquitos
1 5-ounce packet yellow saffron or paella rice mix
1/2 cup frozen diced vegetable mix
1 cup canned black beans, drained
1 cup diced tomatoes with green chiles and onions
1/4 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
1/4 cup crumbled Mexican Cotija or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Combine enchilada sauce and water in a medium sauté pan and bring
to a simmer. Add taquitos and simmer, basting regularly, for 3 minutes if
thawed or 8 minutes if frozen.
2. Follow the microwave directions on the packet to prepare the rice,
adding the mixed vegetables. Set aside.
3. Combine beans and tomatoes in a blender and puree thoroughly.
Transfer to a small saucepan and heat to a simmer. Remove from heat,
swirl in crema or sour cream and cover to keep warm.
4. Layer the taquitos over the rice and smother with black bean sauce.
Garnish with cheese. Makes 4 servings.
1 prepared 9-inch pie shell
1 pound Kirkland Signature ground beef
1 1/2 cups salsa, divided
1 cup sour cream
3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 1/2 cups crumbled Doritos
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Prick bottom of pie shell with a fork, then bake for about 10 minutes,
or until set.
3. Sauté ground beef until browned, drain and stir in taco seasoning
according to package directions. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa.
4. In a bowl, mix remaining 1 cup salsa and sour cream until blended.
5. To assemble, spread 1 cup cooked taco meat in the pie shell. Add 1 cup
salsa/sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups cheese. Add remaining
meat. Add remaining salsa/sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups
cheese. Top with crumbled Doritos.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until crust is golden and internal
temperature is 165°F. Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe created by Willy Ray, Costco Foods Buyer.
Cooking in Style The Costco Way