Grilled or Roasted Asparagus
1 bunch ( 2 1/4 pounds) fresh Victoria Island Farms*
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar (if grilled)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat grill.
2. Fill a skillet with about 1 inch of water and bring to a boil.
3. Place asparagus in the boiling water and simmer for 1-3 minutes, or until nearly tender. Drain immediately and place in ice water to stop the cooking. Pat dry.
4. Brush asparagus with olive oil and grill over high heat for 2-4 minutes on
each side. Remove from the grill, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and season to
taste with salt and pepper.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Rinse asparagus under cold water and pat dry.
3. Place asparagus on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Drizzle
with olive oil, then toss to coat asparagus completely. Spread asparagus in a
single layer and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
4. Roast for 10-12 minutes, or until tender but still crisp. Makes 6 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.