Michael Brando studied culinary arts internationally and has
achieved Master Chef status. He is now celebrating his 37th
professional year in culinary arts and is a gold and silver medal
winner in several international culinary competitions. During the
past decade, Brando has focused his culinary career in the area
of product development for both the food-service and retail
marketplace. Throughout that period, he has successfully
developed and launched several hundred innovative products.
Chef Brando’s Pork Schnitzel with
Applewood Smoked Bacon and Sage
All recipes developed by Michael Brando
1 1/2 pounds Smithfield pork Salt
tenderloins, sliced and Freshly ground pepper
lightly pounded into eight 1-2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3-ounce cutlets 3 tablespoons olive oil
8 fresh sage leaves 1 cup chicken stock
8 slices well-cooked Farmer’s Applewood Smoked Thick Bacon 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
1. Rinse pork cutlets under cold running water and pat dry.
2. Carefully rinse sage leaves and pat dry.
3. Place 1 sage leaf on each piece of meat. Top with a folded slice of bacon,
fold cutlet in half and secure with a toothpick. Season to taste with salt and
pepper; dust with flour.
4. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and sear the meat
for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove meat from the pan and keep warm.
5. Pour chicken stock and vermouth into the pan, scraping the bottom for
meat particles. Check seasoning.
6. Pour sauce over meat and serve. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Cooking in Style The Costco Way