Dave Lieberman is the host of his own
Red Grape, Grape Tomato and
Food Network show, Good Deal with Dave
Lieberman, and works as a personal chef in and
around New York City. His first cookbook, Young
& Hungry: More Than 100 Recipes for Cooking
Fresh and Affordable Food for Everyone, was
published by Hyperion Books in April 2005.
Lieberman started his first cooking show while
a student at Yale. He has settled in New York
City but is often seen visiting his hometown
All recipes developed by Dave Lieberman
1 small ripe Hass avocado
About 25 Delano Farms red grapes, quartered
20 grape tomatoes, halved
1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch dice
1 small shallot, sliced as thinly as possible
Freshly ground black pepper
About 15 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped or slivered
Extra-virgin olive oil
Red wine vinegar
1. Cut avocado in half lengthwise and twist to separate the halves.
Remove the pit by smacking your chef’s knife into the pit and twisting it out.
2. Carefully remove the avocado flesh with a large spoon and slice the
avocado halves lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices.
3. Arrange avocado slices on 4 plates. Scatter grapes, tomatoes, bell pepper
and shallot around and a little bit on top of the avocado slices.
4. Sprinkle with a couple of pinches of salt and a few grinds of pepper.
Scatter basil on top.
5. Finish by drizzling with olive oil and vinegar. Makes 4 servings.
I Chef’s Choice
Red Grape White Wine Granita
1 pound Delano Farms seedless red grapes
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup superfine sugar
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a 2-quart rectangular dish. Freeze until solid, about 3-4 hours.
3. When ready to serve, use a fork to scrape out portions into glasses.
Makes 12-15 servings.