Strawberry and Ricotta Cheese Omelet
1/3 cup thinly sliced strawberries, plus more for garnish
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup Kirkland Signature™ Egg Starts
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
1. Combine 1/3 cup strawberries and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Pour eggs into a medium bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Croissant Melt
3. Heat a medium nonstick skillet with low, sloping sides over medium heat EGGLAND’S BEST
for 2 minutes. Add butter and swirl to coat pan. When butter stops sizzling, 4 medium-sized croissants
pour egg mixture into the center of the pan, reduce heat to low and cook 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
until the bottom is set, about 10 seconds. Using a heatproof rubber spatula 4 Eggland’s Best* eggs
or wooden spoon, pull the set eggs at the edges of the pan toward the center, 1 tablespoon milk
allowing the unset eggs to run from the center to the sides. Adjust heat if Salt
necessary so the bottom does not brown. Continue cooking until the eggs are Freshly ground pepper
1 soft-set—just a thin layer of unset moist egg should be visible on top— 1 /2 teaspoons butter
4 slices Havarti cheese, cut in half diagonally
adjusting the heat so the bottom doesn’t brown.
4. Slide pan off the heat. Spoon strawberries and ricotta onto the third of the 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
omelet closest to the skillet handle. Using the spatula, fold the third of the 2. Cut croissants in half lengthwise and place the bottom halves on a
omelet nearest the handle over the center third. Hold pan by the handle and baking sheet. Place tomato slices on croissant bottoms.
tilt so the omelet rolls out of the pan and onto a plate seam side down. 3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, and salt and pepper to taste;
5. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar and serve. Garnish with additional beat well.
sliced strawberries, if desired. Makes 1 serving. 4. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the egg
mixture and scramble until firm but not browned.
5. Spoon the scrambled eggs onto the croissant bottoms. Place a piece
of cheese on the eggs and replace the top of each croissant. Top each
croissant with another piece of cheese.
6. Bake for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is
melted. Makes 4 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.