Salmon and Pasta with
Dill Cheddar Sauce
1 pound center-cut salmon fillet with skin
1 cup white wine or water
Salt and pepper
1/2 pound asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup shelled fresh or frozen peas
8 ounces dried fettuccine
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup minced shallots
1 1/4 cups whipping cream
2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
8 ounces ( 2 cups) shredded Tillamook Vintage White Extra Sharp
Cheddar Cheese or Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place salmon in an 8-inch baking dish with wine or water and salt and
pepper to taste. Cover with foil, place in the oven, and poach until cooked
through, about 20 minutes. Remove skin and flake salmon into 1-inch pieces.
3. Cook asparagus and peas in boiling water until crisp-tender, 3 minutes.
Drain and place in ice water to stop cooking; drain.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
5. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté
until softened, 5 minutes. Add cream and 1 teaspoon dill; bring to a boil,
stirring frequently. Boil, uncovered, until reduced to 1 cup. Stir in 1 1/2 cups
cheese and remaining dill. Add salmon, asparagus and peas; cook, stirring
gently, until cheese melts and salmon is hot, 2-3 minutes. Season to taste
with salt and pepper.
6. Toss sauce with pasta. Sprinkle each serving with grated cheese.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.