“In a Heartbeat”
4-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup orange liqueur (Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
4 6-ounce fresh skinless, boneless Camanchaca salmon portions
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Grate the peel of the orange, then remove the peel and slice the fruit.
3. In a small bowl, combine grated orange peel, ginger, olive oil, honey and
4. Place salmon in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Spread
the sauce over the salmon.
5. Place on lower rack of the oven and bake, uncovered, for approximately
12 minutes, or until cooked to taste. Baste salmon with pan juices for
approximately 6 minutes.
6. Garnish salmon with orange slices. Serve with a choice of steamed
vegetables and long-grain brown rice. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.