Lemon Caper Sole
NORTH COAST SEAFOODS
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
8 2- to 4-ounce North Coast Seafoods sole fillets
1/2 cup diced white onion
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 cup white wine
Juice of 2 lemons
3 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
4 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Season flour with salt and pepper.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Dredge
sole fillets in flour, shake off excess and place 1 or 2 in the pan. Cook for
2 minutes on each side, then transfer to the oven to keep warm. Repeat
with remaining fillets.
4. Wipe any flour from the pan. Return pan to high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add onion and garlic; sauté until soft. Stir in wine, lemon juice and
capers; cook to reduce by a third. Turn off heat, add parsley and gradually
whisk in butter.
5. Serve sole fillets with sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Pan-Fried Almond &
2 large eggs ALMOND & PARMESAN
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour BREAD CRUMBS
Kosher salt 1/2 cup coarsely chopped
Ground black pepper sliced almonds
1 1/ 1 2 pounds fresh flounder /2 cup grated Parmigiano-
fillets, split lengthwise Reggiano cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil 1/2 cup fresh white bread crumbs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter 2 tablespoons minced
Lemon wedges and fresh parsley Italian parsley
sprigs, for garnish 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Prepare Almond & Parmesan Bread Crumbs: Combine all ingredients
in a large shallow bowl.
2. Crack eggs into a large shallow bowl and beat well with 2 teaspoons
water. Place flour in another large shallow bowl.
3. Preheat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
4. Lightly salt and pepper the flounder fillets. Dredge in flour, dip in
egg wash and coat with Almond & Parmesan Bread Crumbs.
5. Add olive oil and butter to the skillet. Add fillets and cook for 1 1/2-2
minutes on each side, or until crisp and golden brown. Garnish with
lemon wedges and parsley sprigs. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided by Jasper White, Shore Food , ©2005, W. W. Norton.