RAIN FOREST AQUACULTURE
2 ounces white wine
2 5- to 7-ounce Rain Forest fresh tilapia fillets
6 ounces prepared pesto sauce
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper
1. Heat wine in a sauté pan until it just begins to bubble. Add tilapia and
cook over medium heat until it is just cooked through.
2. Add pesto sauce, cream and butter to the pan. Simmer until the sauce
thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Coconut Fried Tilapia Fingers with
Mango Ginger Sauce
4 cups cornflakes, crushed and pureed
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
2 eggs 1/4 cup cider vinegar
Splash of milk 1 cup orange juice
Salt, pepper and paprika to taste 1 teaspoon Thai sambal oelek or
4 6-ounce Regal Springs* tilapia 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
fillets, cut into 1-ounce fingers 1/2 cup white wine
2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons cornstarch
MANGO GINGER SAUCE dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water
1 ripe mango, peeled, chopped
1. Prepare Mango Ginger Sauce: Place first 7 ingredients in a saucepan and
bring to a boil. Whisk in cornstarch slowly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
2. Combine crushed cornflakes and coconut.
3. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and paprika.
4. Dust tilapia with flour. Dip in egg wash. Coat in cornflake/coconut
blend, then set aside on a cookie sheet.
5. Heat 1 inch of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat to
375°F (about 5 minutes). Fry tilapia in batches until golden brown.
6. Serve with Mango Ginger Sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Serve with rice and Asian vegetables, or as an appetizer.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.