Classic Baby Back Ribs
3-4 pounds pork baby back ribs ( 2-3 racks)
1 cup Cattlemen’s Barbecue Sauce
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon ground white pepper
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup paprika
1. The night before cooking the ribs, prepare and apply the rub. Simply
mix all the rub ingredients together. Rub mixture all over the ribs, then
wrap them in heavy plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
2. Grill ribs over indirect heat on a covered grill for 90 minutes (or in
a 350°F oven).
3. Baste with barbecue sauce and cook 30 minutes longer, or until
the meat is very tender. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Grilled Veal Chops with Sage Jus
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup whole fresh sage leaves
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 cup veal stock or beef broth
Salt and pepper
4 veal loin or rib chops, cut 1 inch thick
1. Combine olive oil, whole sage leaves and garlic in a small saucepan.
Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Strain out solids. Set aside.
2. Bring stock to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Lower heat to
medium and simmer for 22-24 minutes, or until reduced by half.
Add sage oil and simmer for 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and
pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Grill veal chops, uncovered, turning once, for 12-14 minutes, or until
cooked to taste.
4. Serve each chop with 2 tablespoons sage jus. Makes 4 servings.