Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Roll
NORCO RANCH/NUCAL FOODS/
1/2 cup Wilcox cottage cheese
3/4 cup Wilcox half-and-half
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 Norco Ranch or NuCal Foods eggs
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
6 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated (1 1/2 cups)
8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled (1 1/2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut an 18-inch-long piece of parchment paper. Press into the bottom
and up the sides of a 10-by- 15 1/2-by-1 1/2-inch pan. Pinch the corners to
prevent the egg mixture from running under the parchment paper.
3. Place cottage cheese and half-and-half in a blender and process for 20
seconds, or until well combined. Add flour and salt and blend for 20 seconds.
4. Add eggs to the blender and process until well incorporated and the
mixture is lemon colored.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-33 minutes, or
until the omelet is puffy and golden.
6. Remove omelet from the oven; immediately spread with Dijon mustard.
Sprinkle with 3/4 of the cheese; top with bacon. Starting on one short side,
roll up jelly-roll fashion, removing parchment paper as you roll.
7. Garnish with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes, until the
cheese melts. Slice into wedges. Makes 8 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Denver Omelet Bagel Panini
EINSTEIN BROS. BAGELS
2 teaspoons butter, divided
1 tablespoon diced green bell pepper
1 tablespoon diced yellow onion
1/2 cup beaten eggs or egg substitute
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon shredded pizza cheese
1 Kirkland Signature plain bagel
1 slice Cheddar cheese
2 ounces sliced ham
1. Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a small pan over medium heat. Add bell
pepper and onion; sauté until tender.
2. Lightly spray a 4-inch-diameter microwavable dish with cooking spray.
Place sautéed pepper and onion in the dish. Add eggs, salt and pepper to
taste and shredded pizza cheese. Microwave on high for approximately 1-
1 1/2 minutes, or until eggs are cooked.
3. Cut bagel in half, brush with remaining butter, and grill in a sandwich
grill or toast in a toaster.
4. Place Cheddar and ham on one side of bagel, add omelet and top
with other bagel half. Makes 1 serving.