Stir-Fried Lemon Chicken
1/3 cup fresh-squeezed Sunkist lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons), divided
2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 2-by-1/2-
1 1/2 pounds Asian vegetable blend
2 1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup soy sauce, divided
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Sunkist lemon pieces
2 cups steamed rice
1/4 cup green onion cut in 1/2-inch diagonal slices
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1. Combine 4 teaspoons lemon juice, sesame oil and 1/2 cup vegetable oil to
make marinade. Pour over chicken and marinate, refrigerated, for 1-4 hours.
2. Place 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wok and heat over medium-high
heat until smoking. Add the marinated chicken strips and stir-fry for 1-2
minutes. Add Asian vegetables and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until the
chicken is done.
3. Combine 1/4 cup chicken broth and cornstarch to make a slurry. Set aside.
4. Combine remaining chicken broth, remaining lemon juice, 1/4 cup soy
sauce and sugar. Add to the wok, bring to a boil and slowly stir in slurry to
thicken sauce. Stir lemon pieces into the sauce and heat through, then
remove wok from the heat.
5. Mound steamed rice in the center of each plate. Pour chicken over the
rice and sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds. Drizzle with
remaining soy sauce. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Mushroom Chicken Cream Topping
2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
1/2 medium onion, cut in 1/2-inch dice
1 fresh garlic clove, chopped
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut horizontally into
2 4-ounce cans Giorgio, Penn Dutch or Brandy wine* mushrooms
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup heavy cream, half-and-half or milk
Salt and pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese
Parsley, for garnish
1. Heat oil in a medium to large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Sauté onion, garlic and chicken strips until lightly browned ( 2 minutes).
2. Add mushrooms with broth. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until chicken is
3. In a small bowl, add cornstarch to cream and stir until smooth. Stir
into the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil and cook until the sauce thickens.
Stir well, then lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Season to taste with
salt and pepper.
4. Serve over rice, noodles or pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and
garnish with parsley. Makes 2 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.