3 tablespoons corn oil
1 large eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 28-ounce can Italian tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup BelGioioso Ricotta con Latte cheese
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated BelGioioso Parmesan cheese
8 ounces BelGioioso Sliced Mild Provolone cheese
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat and cook cubed eggplant
until lightly browned; set aside.
3. Melt butter over medium heat and sauté onion until soft. Add chopped
tomatoes and basil and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
4. While tomatoes are simmering, place ricotta, milk, 1/2 cup grated
Parmesan and egg in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
5. Layer a greased 9-by-9-inch square baking dish with half of the eggplant,
a third of the tomato sauce, half of the ricotta mixture and half of the sliced
provolone. Repeat with a second layer. Top with remaining tomato sauce and
sprinkle with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dish is heated
through. Makes 4-6 servings.