Festive Field Greens
JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE
1 cup pecan pieces
1/2 cup maple syrup
5 ounces baby field greens
1/2 pound Jennie-O Turkey Store VIP turkey breast, sliced into
4 ounces sweetened dried cranberries
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small mixing bowl, toss pecans with maple syrup to coat. Spread
onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes, turning with a
spatula every 5 minutes. When pecans are toasted, place on a lightly
oiled plate and let cool.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette by whisking all the
4. Place salad greens on plates and top with turkey strips. Sprinkle
with cranberries and pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette just before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Chicken ’n Cheese Chimichangas
with Grilled Vegetables
4 El Monterey Chicken ’n Cheese Chimichangas
2 zucchini, halved lengthwise
2 yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise
1 green bell pepper, cut into 4 flat sides
1 red bell pepper, cut into 4 flat sides
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 4 flat sides
12 asparagus spears
4 portobello mushrooms
2 tomatoes, halved
2 white onions, cut in thick horizontal slices
1 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
1 1/2 cups prepared Alfredo sauce
1 1/2 cups prepared salsa
1. Prepare chimichangas according to package directions.
2. Marinate vegetables in vinaigrette and then grill.
3. Combine Alfredo sauce and salsa in a saucepan; bring to a simmer.
4. Arrange grilled vegetables and chimichangas on a platter. Top with
some of the sauce and serve the remainder on the side. Makes 4 servings.