BBQ Burgers in Lettuce Wraps Sweet Onion Beef Oscar Napoleon
TANIMURA & ANTLE/DENICE & FILICE KEYSTONE
1 1/2 Denice & Filice Italian sweet red onions 5 tablespoons butter, divided
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar 12 slices white bread, trimmed to 3-by-3-inch squares
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (or puff pastry)
Salt 1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ground beef patties, 1/3 pound each 2 Keystone Certified Sweet Onions, sliced
4 slices Monterey Jack cheese 16 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat
4 large leaves and 4 medium leaves Tanimura & Antle* iceberg lettuce 1 .90-ounce packet béarnaise sauce
2/3 cup of your favorite barbecue dressing 4 5-ounce filet mignon steaks
Fresh tarragon, for garnish
1. Peel onions and cut into four 1/2-inch-thick horizontal slices. Drizzle each Paprika, for garnish
slice with 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil; season to
taste with salt. 1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter and use to lightly brush both sides of
2. Grill or pan-fry burgers and onions for about 3 minutes per side, or until cooked bread slices. Place on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler for
to taste. Top each burger with 1 slice cheese and cook just until cheese melts. 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides.
3. To serve, place each burger on a large lettuce leaf. Add 1 slice onion and 2. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil in a sauté pan over high
barbecue dressing to taste. Top with a smaller lettuce leaf. Bring bottom leaf heat and cook onions for 8-12 minutes, or until lightly caramelized;
up and around burger to enclose. Makes 4 servings. keep warm.
Creative Idea: Substitute large portabello mushrooms for ground beef 3. Sauté crabmeat in 1 tablespoon butter; keep warm.
patties. Omit the barbecue dressing; instead, drizzle top and bottom of mushrooms 4. Make béarnaise according to packet directions.
with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and soy sauce. Grill or pan fry, then top with 5. Grill beef filets to desired doneness; keep warm.
onion and wrap in lettuce. 6. Place 1 bread square on each plate. Top with a beef filet, then
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product. another square. Add crabmeat and another square. Top with onions.
Spoon on béarnaise sauce and garnish with a sprig of tarragon and a
sprinkle of paprika on the plate rim. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Dave Munson.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.