Ham and Avocado Torta
LA BREA BAKERY
1/2 slightly soft avocado
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 La Brea Bakery ciabatta roll, sliced in half
4 ounces ham, about 5 thin slices
3 ounces queso fresco, sliced 1/3- to 1/2-inch thick
2 ounces jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1. Scoop out the avocado flesh and place in a bowl; mash coarsely with a
fork. Blend in mayonnaise to make a chunky spread.
2. Spread avocado mayonnaise thickly on both sides of the ciabatta roll. Fold
ham in twists and place on the bottom of the roll. Place queso fresco slices
on the ham. Top with a generous amount of jalapeños. Makes 1 serving.
Chicken, Pesto and Pepper Sandwiches
1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
4 Pepperidge Farm Sandwich Buns
4 boneless chicken breast halves
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
Campbell’s Select Gold Label Italian Tomato Soup
1. Spread about 1 teaspoon pesto sauce on each bun half.
2. Grill or broil chicken for 15 minutes, or until done, turning and brushing
with remaining pesto sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
3. Top chicken breasts with cheese.
4. Layer bottom bun halves with lettuce, chicken and roasted red
peppers, then top with remaining bun halves.
5. Serve with Select Gold Label Italian Tomato Soup. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.