“Good for You” Apple Crisp Apple Dumplings
NEW YORK APPLE/PENNSYLVANIA APPLE L&M
3/4 cup oatmeal Pastry for a 2-crust 9-inch pie
1/4 cup flour 6 medium L&M Granny Smith apples
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar S Y RU P
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg 1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine 3 tablespoons butter
6 Eastern* apples (Empire, Fuji or Jonagold) 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup vanilla yogurt FI LL I NG S
Raisins mixed with cinnamon-sugar blend, dotted with butter
1. Combine oatmeal, flour, sugar and spices in a bowl. Cut in butter or or
margarine and set aside. Dried cranberries mixed with sugar
2. Peel and core apples. Slice thin and combine with dried cranberries. or
3. Pour apple mixture into an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Red-hot candies
oatmeal mixture. 1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
4. Microwave on high for 12 minutes. Serve hot with vanilla yogurt as a 2. To prepare syrup, combine all ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil
topping. Makes 4 servings. and simmer until sugar is dissolved.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product. 3. Roll out pastry to 1/8-inch thickness and cut into six 7-inch squares.
4. Peel and core apples. Place apples on the pastry squares. Fill the cavities
with choice of filling. Bring opposite points of pastry up over each apple.
Overlap, moisten and seal.
5. Place carefully in a 9-by-12-inch baking dish. Pour hot syrup
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe created by Linda Mathe ws of L&M in Selah, Washington.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.