Rustic Peach Galette
1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups fresh (or 16 ounces frozen) sliced peaches
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 9-inch unbaked pie dough round or shell
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine raisins, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
3. Mix in peaches and lemon juice.
4. Place pie dough on a rimmed baking sheet. Mound fruit in center
of dough, leaving a 1- to 2-inch border. Fold dough up, gently pleating
and pressing against fruit.
5. Bake for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 350°F and bake for 20-25
minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Juices may seep out onto the
pan. Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan. With a large spatula,
carefully transfer galette to a platter. Dust with powdered sugar just
before serving. Makes 8 servings.
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cocoa
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
2 pieces Countryside Rugala: 1 chocolate and 1 raspberry
1/2 cup fresh whipped cream
1/4 cup fresh raspberries
1. Mix sugar and cocoa together and place on a saucer.
2. Wipe the rim of the martini glass with the lemon slice and dip in
cocoa-sugar mixture to coat rim.
3. Press softened ice cream into the bottom of the martini glass. Place in
the freezer for 1 hour.
4. Remove martini glass from the freezer and crumble chocolate rugala
over the ice cream. Layer half of whipped cream over crumbled rugala.
5. Crumble raspberry rugala over whipped cream. Layer remaining
whipped cream over crumbled rugala.
6. Top with fresh raspberries. Makes 1 serving.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.