The Ultimate Carrot Cake Easy Carrot Cake
GRIMMWAY FARMS BOLTHOUSE FARMS
2 cups sifted flour 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional) 1 package (2-layer size) spice cake mix
2 teaspoons baking powder 1 3 1/2-ounce can 2 cups grated Bolthouse Farms carrots (about 1/2 pound)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda flaked coconut 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
1 1/2 teaspoons salt Coconut, for garnish (optional) 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
2 teaspoons cinnamon CREAM CHEESE FROSTING 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 1/2 cups canola oil softened 1 8-ounce tub whipped dessert topping, thawed
4 eggs 1 8-ounce package cream 2 cups peeled and finely grated cheese, softened 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grimmway carrots 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2. Prepare cake mix as directed on package, stirring carrots, pineapple
1 8-ounce can crushed 1 pound confectioners’ sugar and 3/4 cup of the pecans into the batter until well blended. Pour into
pineapple, drained 2 prepared 9-inch round baking pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a
toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. 3. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer or a
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add wire whisk until well blended. Stir in whipped topping until well blended.
sugar, oil and eggs; mix well. Add carrots, pineapple, nuts and coconut; blend 4. Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with 1 1/2 cups of cream
thoroughly. Pour into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. cheese mixture. Carefully place second cake layer on top of the first.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish
out clean (don’t overcook). Cool in pans for a few minutes, then remove and with remaining 1/4 cup pecans. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
let cool on a wire rack. Makes 16 servings.
4. To make the frosting, beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla until creamy. * Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Gradually beat in sugar. If too thick, add a small amount of milk. Frost the
cake. Sprinkle with coconut, if desired. Makes 8-10 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.