Chuck’s Jonagold Apple Cake
2 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 cups peeled, chopped Holtzinger Fruit Jonagold apples
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, cream granulated sugar, butter and eggs. Add to dry
mixture. Add apples and stir to combine.
4. Pour batter into a buttered 9-by-13-inch pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
5. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center
comes out clean. Makes 12 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Cherry-Almond Yogurt Dessert Bars
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 9-ounce package chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
1/3 cup butter or stick margarine, melted
3 6-ounce containers Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free or Light Fat Free
1 12-ounce jar cherry preserves (1 cup)
1/2 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
1 8-ounce container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1. In a blender or food processor, finely grind 1/3 cup of the almonds.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together crushed cookies, ground almonds and
melted butter. Press mixture firmly into the bottom of an ungreased
9-by-13-inch pan. Freeze for about 10 minutes, or until firm.
3. In a large bowl, stir together yogurt, preserves and almond extract.
Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread yogurt mixture over cookie
mixture in pan. Cover and freeze for 3 hours, or until firm.
4. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes, then cut into 20 bars.
5. To serve, drizzle each bar with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with sliced
almonds. Makes 20 servings.