Chocolate Muffin Bread Pudding
with Cherry Sauce
2 Kirkland Signature bakery-fresh CHERRY SAUCE
chocolate muffins 1 cup dried tart cherries
2 eggs 1/4 cup kirsch
1/4 cup sugar 3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3/4 cup cherry preserves
2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
1/2 cup chopped dried tart cherries
Whipped cream, for garnish
1. Prepare Cherry Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring
to a boil, stirring. Continue to boil, stirring, for 2 minutes. Let cool.
Refrigerate, covered, to thicken.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Cut each muffin into 15-20 cubes. Place in a single layer on a pan and
bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.
4. Place eggs, sugar, vanilla and half-and-half in a bowl and whisk until
blended. Stir in muffin cubes and cherries. Let sit for 10 minutes, stirring
occasionally so pieces absorb liquid.
5. Pour into a greased 9-by-9-inch glass baking dish. Bake for 35-45
minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. To serve, place small scoops of pudding in bowls, goblets or parfait
glasses. Top with Cherry Sauce and whipped cream. Makes 6-9 servings.
Chocolate Molten Lava Brownie Bites
SUGAR BOWL BAKERY
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
1 16-ounce zipper-lock bag
1 3-pound container Sugar Bowl Bakery Brownie Bites**
Fresh fruit, for garnish
Confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
1. Place chocolate chips in a metal bowl. Heat cream to a simmer.
Pour over chocolate chips and whisk until smooth. Add butter and whisk
2. Pour chocolate into zipper-lock bag and refrigerate until firm to
3. Using a wooden dowel or chopstick, punch a 1/2-inch hole in the
underside of each brownie.
4. When chocolate is firm, snip off one of the bottom corners of the bag.
Pipe 2 tablespoons of filling into each brownie hole.
5. Place up to 5 brownies, with the hole facing up, on a plate; heat on
high in the microwave for approximately 10 seconds.
6. Remove to clean plates and split the brownies in half, allowing the
chocolate to flow. Garnish with fresh fruit and confectioners’ sugar.
Makes 46 pieces.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
** 2-pound containers are available in selected regions. Adjust recipe accordingly.