1 1/4 cups regular-grind espresso or other dark-roast ground coffee
1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
6 cups water
8 packets Equal sweetener
2 1/2 cups fat-free milk
Ground cinnamon or nutmeg
1. Place ground coffee and cinnamon stick in the filter basket of a drip
coffee pot. Add water and brew the coffee.
2. Stir Equal into the pot of coffee. Pour coffee into 8 mugs or cups.
3. Heat milk in a small saucepan until steaming.
4. Pour half of milk into a blender container, cover and process at high
speed until foamy, about 15 seconds. Pour into coffee mugs. Repeat
with the remaining milk.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Tips: This recipe is 49% lower in calories than the traditional drink. Pour
it over ice for a refreshing summer drink.
Ruby Red Citrus Warmer
APPLE & EVE
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup pineapple juice
3 cups Apple & Eve Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice Cocktail
1 cup Apple & Eve Naturally Cranberry Juice
Bitters, to taste
1/2 cup dark rum (or substitute 1 cup Apple & Eve* Natural Style
Apple Juice for a nonalcoholic version)
Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
Grapefruit slices, for garnish
1. In a large saucepan, dissolve sugar in pineapple juice over low heat.
2. Add grapefruit juice and cranberry juice and bring to a slow simmer;
do not boil.
3. Remove from heat and add bitters and rum. Serve warm, garnished
with cinnamon sticks and grapefruit slices. Makes 6-7 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.