Orange and Apple Breakfast Knots
4 medium Granny Smith apples
2 11-ounce packages refrigerated breadsticks
2 Sunny Cove navel oranges
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Peel and core apples, cut in half and then cut each half
into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
3. Unroll breadstick dough; cut the strips in half. Place 3-4 apple slices
in the middle of each strip of dough; wrap and tie in a knot. Arrange
knots in a 9-by-13-inch pan.
4. Grate 1 teaspoon of orange peel; set aside. Juice the oranges;
pour 2/3 cup juice into the bottom of the pan but not over the knots.
5. In a small bowl, combine grated peel, sugar and cinnamon;
spoon over the knots.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm
with a drizzle of syrup from the pan. Makes 12 servings ( 24 knots).