Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
18 large Cardile Brothers mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup minced onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 shredded wheat biscuit, crushed
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Clean mushrooms with a vegetable brush or wipe with a damp cloth.
Remove and finely chop stems.
3. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté chopped
mushroom stems, onion, garlic and walnuts until onion is tender,
4-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in shredded wheat, Parmesan,
herb seasoning and pepper to taste.
4. Stuff mushroom caps, packing the mixture firmly. Arrange mushrooms in
a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle tops with paprika. Bake for 20-25 minutes,
or until mushrooms are tender. Makes 6 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
8 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
3-4 slices Maple Leaf bacon, cut into 2- to 3-inch sections
SPICY ORANGE SAUCE
3 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 hot red chile, stemmed and chopped
2 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. To prepare Spicy Orange Sauce, in a bowl stir together marmalade,
chile, green onions, cilantro, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Wrap each shrimp in a section of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
4. Place shrimp on a baking sheet and broil, turning once, until bacon is
crisp and shrimp are cooked through, 2-3 minutes each side.
5. Arrange on a platter and serve immediately with Spicy Orange Sauce
or your favorite dipping sauce. Makes 8 servings.