Crab Cakes Italienne
1 pound Dungeness crab meat ( 2-3 crabs)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup ketchup
4 tablespoons olive oil
1. Combine crab, garlic, Parmesan, bread crumbs, parsley and pepper.
Gently blend in egg, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise and lemon juice. Form
into 16 patties about 3/4 inch thick.
2. For an easy sauce, combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise and ketchup.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. When oil is hot,
add patties and cook on each side until golden brown. Serve immediately
with sauce. Makes 16 appetizers.
Spicy Crab Melt
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups crabmeat
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon white wine
1 tablespoon horseradish
2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
1 loaf Grace Baking Pugliese artisan bread
Salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, mix cream cheese, crabmeat, green onions, 1 cup Parmesan,
lemon juice, white wine, horseradish and hot pepper sauce.
2. Cut bread into 18 slices. Brush each slice lightly with olive oil and
sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toast slices under a broiler until
3. Spread 1 1/2-2 tablespoons of topping on each warm slice. Sprinkle
with remaining shredded Parmesan. If desired, place under broiler for a
couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Makes 8-10 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.