Cranberry Almond Spinach Salad
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup blanched, slivered almonds
1 pound Boskovich Farms Fresh ’N’ Quick Spinach
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons minced onion
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Melt butter in a small pan over medium heat. Add almonds and cook
until lightly toasted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Chop or tear spinach into bite-size pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
3. Add toasted almonds, cranberries and feta.
4. To make dressing, whisk together sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar,
onion, paprika, vinegars and vegetable oil.
5. Add dressing to taste and gently toss the salad. Makes 8 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
1 pound fresh crabmeat
1 large Washington apple (variety of choice), cored and thinly sliced
1 cup whole pecans
1 cup red seedless grapes
Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled, to taste
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
Thin slice of lemon, for garnish
Parsley sprig, for garnish
1. Combine crabmeat, apple, pecans, grapes and Gorgonzola in a bowl.
2. Combine mayonnaise and sour cream in a large bowl. Stir in crab
mixture. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
3. Serve on a bed of red lettuce, garnished with a lemon slice and a sprig
of parsley. Makes 6-8 servings.