Salads and Soups I
Mango and Avocado Salad
1 large hothouse cucumber, peeled, sliced lengthwise, seeded and cut
into 1/4-inch crosswise slices
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup cooked green beans, thinly sliced
1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
2 red Thai chiles, seeded and minced
2 teaspoons sugar
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 ripe Freska mango, peeled, pitted and sliced
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, slivered, for garnish
1. Place cucumber, tomatoes, green beans and bean sprouts in a bowl and
toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
2. Combine vinegar, lime juice, chiles and sugar in a bowl. Stir until
3. To serve, arrange salad mixture, avocado and mango on 4 plates.
Drizzle with dressing and garnish with mint. Makes 4 servings.
Grape Tomato and Avocado Salad
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
12 ounces NatureSweet grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
Leaves of 1 sprig fresh thyme
1. Whisk together olive oil and vinegar in a salad bowl. Add salt
and pepper to taste.
2. Put the remaining ingredients in the bowl. Toss to combine.
Season again to taste. Makes 2-4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.