Spring Mix Salad with Feta, Pecans
and Strawberry Vinaigrette
1 1-pound basket ripe strawberries, hulled and halved
8 cups Babé Farms Spring Mix
1 7-ounce package crumbled feta cheese (about 1 1/3 cups)
1/2 cup pecans, toasted
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
Salt and pepper
1. Mash enough of the strawberries to measure 1/3 cup.
2. Place remaining strawberries in a large bowl. Add Spring Mix, feta
3. Place oil, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Whisk
in mashed strawberries. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add vinaigrette to salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Western Bean Salad
1 15-ounce can pinto beans,
drained and rinsed
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 15-ounce can garbanzo
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
2 cups cherry tomato halves
1 cup Chi-Chi’s salsa
1/4 teaspoon coarsely
2 ounces Hormel*
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 ounces Hormel/Kirkland
Signature* Precooked Bacon,
crumbled, or Hormel*
1 small red onion, cut in
1. In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients except lettuce leaves.
Mix well and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.
3. Toss dressing with the salad. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to
let flavors blend.
4. Serve on lettuce leaves. Makes 6-8 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.