THE OPPENHEIMER GROUP/
2 cups seeded and diced 1 tablespoon minced fresh
Windset Farms Campari oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
or Oppenheimer 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
Beefsteak tomato sauce
1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper 2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 cup diced English cucumber Dash of sea salt
1/2 cup diced red onion 1 hard-boiled egg
1 cup vegetable broth 5 1/4 cups tomato juice
1/4-1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
Juice of 1/2 lemon Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar Hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley Sour cream
1. Combine vegetables in a large bowl. Gently stir in broth, oil,
lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, oregano and Worcestershire sauce.
2. Place garlic, sea salt and egg in a small bowl; mash with a fork
3. Stir tomato juice and egg mixture into vegetable mixture. Stir in bread
crumbs until dissolved. Add salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce to taste.
4. Serve with dollops of sour cream. Makes 12 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Slow-Cooker Potato Soup
RUSSET POTATO EXCHANGE/
ALSUM PRODUCE/ANTHONY FARMS
4 Wisconsin Premium* russet potatoes, peeled and cut into
2 leeks, coarsely chopped
2 onions, coarsely chopped
3 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 10 3/4-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
1 10 3/4-ounce can cream of celery soup
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
4 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
Chopped chives, for garnish
1. Place all ingredients except evaporated milk and chives in a slow
cooker. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5 hours.
2. Stir in evaporated milk during the last hour, and cook until the
vegetables are tender.
3. Garnish each serving with chives. Makes 8 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.