Fiesta Rice Medley in Sweet Bell Peppers
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
8 Sunset Rainbow Sweet Bell Peppers: 2 chopped and 6 whole
1 16-ounce can corn kernels
1 1/4 cups Sunset Salsa
1 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 cups instant rice
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and chopped
peppers. Cook until tender.
3. Add corn, 1 cup salsa and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice, cover
and reduce to low heat.
4. Slice 1/2 inch off tops of whole peppers and discard tops. Remove cores
and seeds. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each pepper.
5. Add Cheddar to the pot and fluff with the rice. Spoon rice into peppers.
6. Mix 1/4 cup salsa with 1/4 cup water; pour into a baking pan. Place stuffed
peppers in the pan.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 6 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.