GOLD KIST FARMS
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted 3 tablespoons fresh goat cheese
butter, divided 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian
1 medium Spanish onion, cut parsley, plus 1 tablespoon cut
into 1/8-inch dice in thin strips
1 Gold Kist Farms boneless, 1/4 teaspoon freshly
skinless chicken breast grated nutmeg
(about 6 ounces), cut into Salt
2-inch pieces Freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces sweet Italian sausage, 1 1/4 pounds prepared
removed from casings and pasta dough
cut into 2-inch lengths 4 ounces porcini or cremini
1/4 cup ricotta mushrooms, sliced paper-thin
1/4 cup grated Italian fontina 1/4 cup freshly grated
2 tablespoons fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. To make the filling, heat 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat in a
10- to 12-inch sauté pan until it foams and subsides. Add onion and cook until
soft and golden brown, 7-8 minutes.
2. Add chicken and sausage and cook until cooked through, about 10
minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
3. Transfer chicken mixture to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
Transfer to a medium bowl, add ricotta, fontina, marjoram, goat cheese, chopped
parsley, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste, and mix well. Set aside.
4. To make the agnolotti, divide pasta dough into 4 pieces. Roll out each one
through the thinnest setting on a pasta machine and lay on a lightly floured
work surface. Cut each sheet lengthwise in half to form strips 2 inches wide
and 24 inches long.
5. Starting 1 inch from one end, place 1 tablespoon of filling every 2 inches along
the bottom of each strip. Fold the top half of the pasta over the bottom and press
the edges together to seal, gently pressing out any air pockets.
6. Using a fluted round pastry cutter, cut out the agnolotti. Transfer to a baking
sheet dusted with flour.
7. Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and add 2 tablespoons salt.
Drop the agnolotti carefully into the boiling water, lower the heat and cook at
a brisk simmer until tender, 3-4 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a 10- to 12-inch sauté pan over medium
heat. Add mushrooms, season to taste with salt and pepper, and sauté until tender.
9. Drain the agnolotti, add to the mushrooms and sprinkle with remaining
parsley and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Toss for about 1 minute to coat with
sauce. Transfer to a plate and serve. Makes 6 servings.
*Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.