Chef’s Choice I
Recipe developed by Anne Willan
1 pound raw salmon fillet
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
3 shallots, very finely chopped
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained and chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Slice and then finely chop salmon; place in a bowl. Keep salmon very
cool and handle as little as possible.
2. Gently stir in oil,vinegar, shallots,capers, chives,parsley, and salt and
pepper to taste.
3. Cover the tartare tightly and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
4. Serve on chilled plates, with lemon wedges on the side.
Makes 4 servings.
8 ounces fettuccini pasta
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup sliced zucchini
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup light cream
1 7-ounce can Kirkland Signature salmon, drained
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
3/4 cup diced fresh tomato
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1. Cook fettuccini according to package directions.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and sauté mushrooms,
zucchini, onions and garlic until crisp-tender.
3. Stir in flour.
4. Add cream and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
5. Add salmon, peas, tomato, parsley, salt, pepper and basil. Cook, stirring,
for 3 minutes.
6. Drain fettuccini; top with salmon mixture. Makes 4 servings.